Liteni fortress, August 2019

Liteni fortress was first mentioned in the year 1324 under the name of “Castrum Leta”.

The fortress was badly damaged on 12 February 1562 during a siege when the black powder storage exploded. Around 1569 the owners decided to rebuild and settle it.

The fortress was abandoned at the start of XVIII century.

Leave a Reply

error: Content is protected !!