Liteni fortress, August 2019

Liteni fortress was first mentioned in the year 1324 under the name of “Castrum Leta”.

The fortress was badly damaged on 12 February 1562 during a siege when the black powder storage exploded. Around 1569 the owners decided to rebuild and settle it.

The fortress was abandoned at the start of XVIII century.

Cetatea Saschiz, August 2019

First mentioned at around 1347, this fortress was built by the villagers from Saschiz for shelter and food storage.

The fortress sits at around 681m altitude on a 5000 sq meters hill.

Cetatea Saschiz – Main entrance

The fortress has the shape of an uneven rectangle, of 90m max lenght and 52m max width.

error: Content is protected !!